Old (1998) Elektra Beckum BAS315 for £150?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LewisM

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just spotted this on eBay, I've heard a lot of good things about the new Matebo BAS315 so are the old ones still worth picking up?
I feel like for £150 you can't go wrong really...

It appears to be good value for money.
I have a slightly newer (2001) BAS 316.
With a Tuffsaw blade, a tune up and a bit of fettling it should serve you well.
Dave

It's only ~30 miles away too!
On the listing he said he's struggled to get spare parts for it, is that likely to be a problem? What about blades, am I going to have trouble getting one that fits?

Or there's this Startrite 352 currently going for £200, a Startrite RSI for £250, or this Kity (not sure on the model?) for £150. They all seem like good saws, the 352 currently has 1 bid on it so could be substantially more than £200 though.

Don't delay.
Tuffsaw for blades.
Miles Machinery and others for spare parts and Bedford Saw if you ever need a complete blade guide replacement system.

I've just edited in a few other options to my last post, the 352 would be really nice if I can get it for under £300.
Still, I've messaged the guy with the 315 asking if I can check it out / pick it up this weekend, just in case.

LewisM":1z5uiq3f said:
It's only ~30 miles away too!
On the listing he said he's struggled to get spare parts for it, is that likely to be a problem? What about blades, am I going to have trouble getting one that fits?

Or there's this Startrite 352 currently going for £200, a Startrite RSI for £250, or this Kity (not sure on the model?) for £150. They all seem like good saws, the 352 currently has 1 bid on it so could be substantially more than £200 though.

Only problem I had was spares for blade guide, and managed to repair that myself. That one has replacement guides so you would be home & dry

I had one for a over 15 years, great machine. I've moved up to a Startrite now, but if I had the room I would have kept it. I even think I may have a few old spare in the workshop.

I note he will accept "make an offer"!!!

I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy it, fingers crossed it all works out!

Back