Bosch Flexiclick system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sporky McGuffin

Light entertainer
Reaction score
Wotcher all - now that I've had this a couple of weeks and put it to some good use I thought a review might be useful to others. If you've not seen the Flexiclick it's nto an enormously new concept, but done slightly differently:

p~110108~GSR-18-V~EC-FC2-Professional.html.jpg

As you can probably see it's a big 18v hex driver with (up to) four option chucks; a right angle drill chuck, an SDS+ chuck, a straight drill chuck and an offset hex chuck. The different chucks push onto the hex drive and a rotating collar locks them in place - the result is a very solid connection.

I've not yet used all of them, but with the SDS+ chuck it goes through brick and concrete faster than my Draper mains SDS+ drill (but weighs less than half as much and is much more compact), and the straight drill chuck holds bits and spins them just as you'd expect. Came with two 4.0Ah batteries and a fan-cooled fast charger.

Given that the whole kit was about the same price as the 18v Bosch blue SDS+ drills I think it's a pretty good deal. The handle on the core driver is chunky but not too huge and it all feels very nicely engineered. Also being an induction motor it makes a very nice Tron-esque noise.

Back