Help! Plastic beading

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user22161

Established Member
Reaction score
Have to match some melamine type drawer fronts with plastic beading/moulding but can't locate any, possibly because I don't know the correct description.

!0mm wide white self-adhesive pvc with embossed gold pattern - what's it called, where can I obtain? Have phoned Homebase, B & Q etc and no joy.

I doubt you'll find it, was very fashionable 30 years ago in many colours but I'm pretty sure they stopped making it.

I was looking for exactly the same shape of beading but only in plain beige to replace beading on some of my MILs built in wardrobes, and like you I searched for ages and failed ](*,) good luck and if you find some please let me know where you find it :D

Used to use loads of that stuff stuck to melamine doors and draw fronts when doing built in wardrobes. Haven't seen any for a long time, which is ok by me as it looked cheap and nasty, even back then but was very popular.

Thanks folks, agree it's not nice but trying to match existing fitted bedroom. I've phoned several furniture manufacturers I used to deal with and all were of the opinion that it's no longer made as machined mdf has taken over. Will have to look at (or make) timber profiles and paint them up.

Yeah we used to stock some 30 years ago Graham and we had those display boards with samples of the decorative corner bits, there were loads, wish I could remember the manufacturers' name.
It's a shame really as I had a mixed batch of 10 ft lengths in the shed, heaven knows why, but eventually chucked them in the skip a couple of years ago as couldn't see them ever being used. I'd much rather have given them away.

Bob

Back