SIP 01332 table saw problem..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pswallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently bought the SIP 10" table saw and when I fitted a new blade I discovered that the blade is not sitting at 90 degrees to the table.
When I raise the blade to full height and place the square against it there is about a 1mm gap at the bottom.
I have looked at the very poor manual that came with the saw and there are no instructions on how to square the blade.
I think I need to adjust the 'thread rod ball' D-44 for anyone who has the manual,however i am not sure.
Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Apart from the poor manual and the problem mentioned I am very happy with the saw so I hope it's an easy fix.

Thanks Phil.

The wheel on the right hand side is used to tilt the blade when the lock screw is released (on front face) .Inside the saw its long screw has a adjustable stop clean/adjust this to get 90 degrees.

On the threaded rod inside the cabinet that is turned by the handwheel for adjusting angle there it a stopper at each end to limit the range of movement. On mine you have to undo an Allen grub screw in this then you can adjust the end stop. I had to adjust mine.

Let me know if you need more advice.

As the other guys said, but just to check, did the old blade measure as being 90 degrees before you replaced it ? If so then you may not have mounted the new one correctly, or the new one may be bent or kinked but that's probably unlikely.

Cheers, Paul

martlewis":1dnrlxwd said:
there it a stopper at each end to limit the range of ..............you can adjust the end stop..

IMHO you would be better leaving the stop slightly 'over range' and just get into the habit of setting the blade angle using a square or angle gauge every time you return it from making an angled cut. It's quick enough to not be a bother, and more importantly it won't go out of adjustment, whereas the end stop could due to vibration or dirt build-up [sawdust + oil/grease etc.]

Thanks for all the replies guys, it was just as explained.

While I'm on the subject of the SIP saw ,can anyone advise on where to buy 10" blades with a 1" bore, i hate having to use those reducing rings. For a start they're expensive for what is basically a glorified washer and they seem tight in some blades and loose on others depending on where you buy them. Plus I haven't been able to find any thin enough to fit some of the thinner blades I have.

Once again thanks for the replies.
Phil.

Back