CAR FOR SALE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£13k and how many hours of work? A stupendous woodworking achievement but I doubt anyone's getting rich on it.

Factor in all the design, the planning, the things that didn't quite go right, all the costs. It might take someone, very skilled and experienced, a whole years work. Perhaps longer.
Financially there's a lot more money in stacking shelves at the local supermarket.

Wonder what it weight, looks like its inside the house in the photos - need a resonable size front door to be able to drive a jag through!

I dunno - looks shoddy to me; glue stains all over the place, join gaps, crossing grain direction, and I'll bet the ride is as rough as a bag of nails.

I don't think they had one to copy, sadly.

The thought that came initially to mind was, "Why, oh why?"

It does seem like a very odd thing to do, unless it was for one of those cults that has coffins representing the luxuries the deceased would like to have owned (but didn't).

don't know how they'll fit me in my coffin then
holtz.jpg

phil.p":89jiw0qf said:
:D I meant professional in the sense that people were paid to build it, not necessarily that they were good at it.

haha actually I was being a little faceious - there are some "iffy" bits but on the whole it's still a real achievement to be proud of.

Back