Jet JPT310 Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Lawson

Reaction score
I bought a new Jet JPT310 in February 2015 and have had a recurring problem with it. After approx 20-30 minutes use, the machine will not restart for perhaps 30 to 90 minutes. Occasionally the machine cuts out in use, but this is the exception. I assumed the problem was due to a faulty overheating sensor and both the motor and start switch have been replaced by the supplier but this has not cured the problem. The blades are kept sharp and material removed is generally no more than 1mm. Anecdotally, it has been suggested to me that the switch mechanism is not heavy duty enough for the machine but this is beyond my expertise. Machine has been used for perhaps 50 hours since new.

I would appreciate any feedback on similar problems or ideas to cure it.

Many thanks

Hi Matthew and welcome.
I don't think it's the sort of fault you should be fixing yourself. Surely if it's under garrantee your supplier should either fix the fault or replace the machine.

John

Hi Matthew. As per John's comments. I wouldn't be trying to fix anything, I'd be on the phone or I'd be along the shop you bought it from. You're still within your statutory year's warranty; so you should return it and get a replacement machine.

As soon as you dismantle the thing to try and fix the switch etc etc, that's your warrantee voided, and you'll be stuck with the thing.

Best of luck - and welcome.

Jonny

Hi Matthew, I had exactly the same problem with one I bought in June. They replaced the motor for me and it continued to cut out after not too much use. I sent it back for a full refund and bought a used machine instead. Sorry to hear you are also having problems.

mikefab":hc9xd2zx said:
Hi Matthew, I had exactly the same problem with one I bought in June. They replaced the motor for me and it continued to cut out after not too much use. I sent it back for a full refund and bought a used machine instead. Sorry to hear you are also having problems.

Thanks for this Mike; interesting to hear.

Back