Looking for a good home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinCox

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a few pieces of equipment that I bought a few years ago, used and then treated myself to bigger or better. They have been in storage for a couple of years and it's time they found a new home.

However, I don't want to sell them; I would like to give them away to somebody or an organisation who perhaps would otherwise not be able to buy them. I'm thinking of a charity, disadvantaged person, maybe a student starting up. Obviously, don't want to hear of them being on EBay or similar - I want to see them being useful to someone.

Scheppach Tiger 2000s whetstone sharpening system
Toledo TKZ - 205 cut-off saw (don't think this was ever used and still in box)
Performance Power PP2505BD bench top pillar drill (surface rust)
Erbauer ERB052BTE 8" planer/thicknesser
DeWalt DW738 band saw

I'm near Tonbridge Kent. If it's not too far, I'd be happy to deliver

that is a very generous offer I'm sure we could use them at the Sunnydale animal rescue centre workshop but we are in Devon. Not sure what delivery would cost but am happy to pay that myself to help them out. Are they single phase?

Yes. All 13amp machines. If you're sure you can get them to you, I'd be delighted that they are going to somewhere they will be of use. I suggest you pm me to confirm, I will advise our address for the collection

If you have any that our Scout campsite workshop could have we'd be grateful. Pillar drill and sharpening would be most useful.

I also know my FIL would appreciate the bandsaw for the blind veterans. (Scary sounding I know!) you should see them with a lathe and chisels!

Thanks everyone. Wild an was the first and so I'm giving him the chance to confirm he wants them all. If that falls through, then I'll go to the next person. That's seems fairest as I couldn't choose between all these good causes

Martin,

I don't need any of the machines but I know a few guitars building students who are not able to buy any machinery at the moment.
There is one chap in particular who is very talented that I reckon would benefit greatly.
He is in Kent as well.

Please PM me if you would like his contact details.

Thank you for all your interest. Wildman has confirmed he is going to collect - or have collected - the lot. I'm glad it was that simple as it would have been just impossible to have to judge between worthy causes.

I think there will be more to come and will do a similar post when I've done my sorting

Back