Coronet no3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iburrows24

Reaction score
Hi there
I am new to wood turning and have just bought a coronet lathe , can any body help the tool rest holder will not grip tool rest
I'm not sure whether I can put it in a vice and tighten it but i'm afraid of cracking it as it may be cast iron
Look forward to hearing from one of you experts out there
regards

iburrows24":12ydyk48 said:
Hi there
I am new to wood turning and have just bought a coronet lathe , can any body help the tool rest holder will not grip tool rest
I'm not sure whether I can put it in a vice and tighten it but i'm afraid of cracking it as it may be cast iron
Look forward to hearing from one of you experts out there
regards

Is the tool rest a nice slide fit in the hole or is it floppy if it is floppy then either someone has enlarged the hole or you have been given the wrong tool rest. Another thing is that when you take the rest out does the screw protrude onto the hole when you screw it in if not then you may have either put the wrong screw into the hole or it is not the right one for the job.
Can you post any pictures

If it's the banjo with a slot cut down the hole where the tool rest post goes which I suspect it is being a Coronet I would suggest you take the locking handle off and replace with a nut and bolt. Then drill and tap for a adjustable locking handle like this
http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-locking-levers
Much easier to use and you can position the handle out of the way.

Back