Changing direction of rotation of a single phase induction m

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
I am now miffed. I have been trying to reverse the direction of rotation of a single phase induction motor. There is a label on the terminal cover saying "to reverse direction, interchange terminals" and the remainder is unreadable. So I know it can be reversed, but I have tried all combinations without success. I don' t have a meter to be able to test the resistance of the windings accurately enough to identify which is which.
Does anyone have any ideas?

K

Is it capacitor start/run or centrifugal switched start ? **

Perhaps if you can post an image of the connector block, the terminal idents may help.

** You need to identify the winding with the capacitor in series and swap its connection over in relation to the main winding.
start.jpg
startr.jpg

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 106
  • startr.jpg
    startr.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 106
Either winding can have its terminals swapped it's the same effect, just make sure you don't swap terminals with the other winding accidentally

Problem solved. I got so fed up with fiddling about I changed the motor for a 3 phase. I have variable speed as well now. The only downside is I was going to use that motor elsewhere.

K

Back