Dewalt DW733S Planer/Thicknesser - Accessories

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulrockliffe

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a DH733s on Gumtree, it's in great condition and works very well so really please with it, but it's missing a couple of bits. Dewalt are normally pretty good for spares, so I took a gamble.

The cutter guard arm is £7.99, an easy find. However, it's also missing the dust extraction mouth, this was an optional accessory rather than a spare part, it isn't mentioned in the instructions, apart from a picture, doesn't have an obvious part number and isn't shown on the spares page. It's not on the accessories page either, there's not much listed there at all.

Does anyone know where I could get one, if one would fit from a more current model, or worse case how I go about making one? I can't see exactly how it attaches or where it needs to go from the instructions!

Also, there's a mortising accessory available; how do they work and are they any good?

Cheers!

Hmm, looks like there are two DW733s machines.

The one you've linked to is a lunch-box type machine, I presume the modern version. Mine is the older full planer-thicknesser machine that goes by the same name. There's a Type 1 and Type 2 for both version, I'm not sure what the difference is but wondered if one was 110v and the other 240v. Functionally they appear identical anyway.

Sorry for posting details on the DW733s, which is in the title, then the text in the first post was for a DH 733s,
Which still comes up as a lunch box thicknesser on this computer.
What model is it that you have? or post a pic.
Regards Rodders

No worries, I appreciate your help, it's Dewalt's fault, not yours!

I can't add pics from work, but a google image search will show you that they've used the model name twice, for two quite different machines.

marcros, the manual shows the extractor is clsoer to a letter-box in shape than the EB one you've linked to, I know roughly what I'm looking for, just not exactly where it fits and whether I can steal one from a different model. The second link is for the lunch-box machine too I think, it looks liek the top of that one and nothing like anything on my machine.

Looks like I might have to make my own up if I can get hold of some dimensions and work out where it needs to seal up against.

Back