Buying internal doors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynnwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying 4 internal moulded doors with 4 or 6 panels .... budget £120 to £200, excluding door furniture.

Any recomendations?

These get reasonable reviews from DIYer's but I don't like the sheds for quality. I think Magnet supply Wickes (?) but probably with a different quality so as to fit a particular price point.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Stirling ... m/p/187538

Would also appreciate any recomendations for door furniture in brass finish.
Ta for any input. :)

I've had a quick shufty and A pair of those for £37.00 will probably be as good as it gets price wise.
I hung some of these from Wickes for someone and they seemed ok,
Just a small tip, find the locking block on the door, and check the opposite side for knots, just where you have to chop in a hinge, It makes life easier when there aren't any!
Brass work, I don't use much in my line but I've bought from Magnet in the past as they were cast in India,
and they are very good at that.
I suggest you look at Wickes blister packs, brass lever latch and hinges complete, also bathroom lever latch and
internal lock, you should be well in budget.
Regards Rodders

Have a look at Howdens as well, I can get doors regularly as low as £10 to £15 plus VAT depending when on offer. Most metric and imperial sizws available.
You can go and look a them but need to be trade or know a friendly account holder to buy.
Bob

Lons":2fkux7pz said:
Have a look at Howdens as well, I can get doors regularly as low as £10 to £15 plus VAT depending when on offer. Most metric and imperial sizws available.
You can go and look a them but need to be trade or know a friendly account holder to buy.
Bob

You're right there Bob, Howdens are very good but they won't let me have a cash sale account, as I have with others.
Some months I owe Jewsons plenty enough, so I like to keep a "lid" on it.
It works well for me as I do have an excellent credit rating still!
£37.00 for a pair of doors is close to £15.00 +vat but it's nice to get that elusive Quid!
Regards Rodders

That's a pita Rod. When you say cash account do you mean cash or a std credit trade account? I don't see why they would open that for you, just need Jewsons as reference, bank details and mock up a letterhead as a sole trader on the pc if you haven't a company already. Have a word face to face with the manager and maybe show a couple of sizeable Jewsons bills and I'd be surprised if he / she didn't listen. Howdens are much easier than Jewsons to keep track of as when you collect goods the prices are listed whereas Jewsons take a week to get the invoices out.

Back