my planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Finally got time to take a pic of my instant collection. 4 of these in 1 week.

still no time to research anything properly, but so far the rear is the Edward Preston I have had for several months, the next is unknown, the next has "ADKINS" stamped on the blade.
the next is Greenslades Bristol. and the tiddler is a Stanley 101.

IMG_1282_zps1yjuwgmm.jpg

nice sunnybob,
just remember if you got these on your recent uk trip that you may have to tweek them in a couple of months as they adjust to the new rather humid environment of cyprus. but a nice haul and a good spread for you to crack the mysteries of planing. by the way how did the investigations into the craft ministry go, were they able to point you toward a course or hobby group?

droogs, complete silence from the emails I sent. Not unusual for this country, they are still not internet savvy.

Next time I go to Nicosia I shall call in, but dont hold out much hope as they are more a trade export association than a craft ministry.
good point about the planes. i shall let them set for a couple months before altering anything.
The greenslades one with the brass repair band has done some travelling. it went with my sister to australia for many years before returning home again.

I also bought back a Jet sharpening system jssg-10, so I can spend hours learning how to make the plane blades really sharp.

Back