Another kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
We do other rooms as well but kitchens are our main stay now.

Shaker doors in a staffed bead frame.

BH1P7205_zpstgmuzdmq.jpg

BH1P7183_zpsfatepqj1.jpg

BH1P7184_zpsdhzpntvo.jpg

That looks great Bob. How tight is the hole the fridge freezer is slotted into, do they require ventilation around them?

Mark

The Bear":31rab3br said:
That looks great Bob. How tight is the hole the fridge freezer is slotted into, do they require ventilation around them?

Mark

I can not stand kitchens where the american fridge freezers poke out 100 - 200mm :evil: most fridge freezers are about 900mm, if you leave a space of 1000mm then the doors will open fully and there is no need to poke the fridge out. We then put 37mm infills either side set back to fill the gap but leave 12mm for ventilation.

I'm starting on my own kitchen soon and I'll use a Fisher paykel with a surround kit.

mrdfowens":26edg2o2 said:
How much to you rely on pre-made materials or kits (I'm thinking cabinets etc)?

every thing is done in house, raw materials to finished product, including the carcases. This way we can offer the client a very bespoke service, from cabinet material, sizes, styles and finishing options.

Thanks Bob
I'm completely with you on the sticking out, it makes it look like the fridge freezer was an after thought. The set back infills are a great idea. I didn't realise you could get surround kits. Is that for all brands, I've got my eye on a smeg?

I've also got another question, how do you level up the units when they have got legs like these?

Mark

Only Fisher paykel do them as far as I know, unless you go mental cost like Gaggenau, easily do £15000 on fridges with them.

This is what I'll be doing, 2 side by side 1800mm wide.

cq_ck_1429755294088.png

Nice kitchen Bob. I have Shaker doors and drawer fronts in my new(ish) kitchen and am very pleased with the way they look. For the few bits and bobs I'm making for the house I am doing mostly in this simple style, firstly because I like it and secondly I don't have the ability yet to make anything fancy!

John

Very nice indeed Bob. How long does it take to construct a kitchen of that size?

Oh, one small thing, first sentence of the About section on your website looks like it has a typo. It currently says "Bob Armstrong and Michael Jordan are at the fore of the Armstrong Jordan." Think you either need to add team at the end or lose the "the". Not criticism, just trying to help.

Terry.

doctor Bob":90qvbyrc said:
The Bear":90qvbyrc said:

Mark

I'm starting on my own kitchen soon and I'll use a Fisher paykel with a surround kit.

BIT OF ADVISE

STAY AWAY FROM FISHER & PAYKEL

I had against all my better judgement 2 dishwashers and 2 fridges. - everytime i say to the wife, this time it will be good, this time it will, trust me

Damm it, never again never ever again -

The service is the worst you can ever get, and the technology is lousy

expensive and bad

YES, YES they look good and the two drawer looks like its will safe you water etc, well it certainly will never ever safe you enough water to pay for the repairs.

Yes i'm a disgruntled F&P user

I have no problem to spend money on good material, but not on repairs - so we changed them for Miele - something i should have done first time around

PS the kitchen looks lovely

kitchen looks lovely Bob, I didn't realise you were so local to me.

I'd love to come down and see your work/workshop sometime if you don't mind?

If you want side by side stainless steel

go get TWO separate ones, and turn the door around. i did that in one of our houses - bought two top of the line AEG stainless steel fridges and had them placed on a platform - AN ABSOLUTE MUST - as this makes the fridge so much more imposing - and of course easier to use

did the same with our washing machine etc

We had Gaggenau appliances on a job up town a couple of years back. Very expensive looking. Even had remote controls for the extractors :)

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Back