Makita 4350 or Bosch GST 150 or GST 135 Jigsaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sitefive

Established Member
Reaction score
looking for a proper jigsaw, all of them are in same price range/seems to have about the same power and depth cut, Wondering which one is better? If anyone have either?
heard that some Bosch models have some extra precision cutting stuff,not sure what exactly is that? I do need it for cutting as close to 90degrees as possible tho which my cheapo 15quid Jigsaw just cant do :D

I've had a couple of 4350s and couldn't fault them at all. The only issue I had with the first one was after I'd dropped it and bent the sole, hence me buying the second one (I wanted to change from 110v to 240v anyway) .

I've had a 135 for a few years and have been very happy with its performance. It has an extra guide that holds the blade rigid near the sole plate and gives good 90 degree to the surface cuts - so much better than my previous Hitachi and cheap green Bosch.

If I had to buy another I would go for a 135 again.

Misterfish

Well just found out that gst 150 isnt as good machine as 135, From the looks of it I like the gst 135 better than the makita 4350
However they rarely come up for sale in 240v version in used market also its an older model which has been replaced by gst 140 which costs like 220quid, so buying new for me is No-no :(

Leaves me with 2 options :
£112 for New Makita 4350
~£50-60 for used GST 135 but have to get an 110v transformer as well.

#-o

Anyone knows would the Makita 4350 cut as straight 90degrees as gst 135 when cutting a 5cm thick pine/possibly oak as well?

I've got the Makita and it's an excellent jigger. I've not had any problems cutting straight and true with it but have learnt a couple of things which help a lot:

1. Quality and sharpness of blade make a big difference to the quality and accuracy of cut. This will be true for all jiggers.

2. When cutting a straight line don't be tempted to use a straight edge and have the foot riding against it. This works for circular saws but not jigsaws. You'll get much better results by drawing a straight line and following it by hand.

Might not help you but I've recently bought the gst160 which is superb (can be found for a little over £200)

the gst 160 looks even better however wayyyyy out of my budget, 200+ quid for a jigsaw is just too damn salted

Avoid the Bosch GST150bce, I've just repaired one - not only is it inaccurate but a simple brush change took over an hour due to the poor design. (one brush had disintegrated the other was barely worn)
£200 is Festo Trion money
Matt

Alright just bought GST 135 from fleabay for 62pounds delivered , the very rare 240v version and looks in pretty good nick.

Back