Three chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downwindtracker2

Established Member
Reaction score
I picked up three 1" chisels at the fleamarket today, a dollar a piece. The first one is a Stanley #60 or clone. But on the other two, I have a couple of questions. One is a Marples with a clear yellow handle, roughly what date were these from? The other has a diamond stamp and a bashed wood handle. The remains of the handle looks the same as Kreator brand here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/diy/dp/B00M0MCQA8 Any knowledge about them?

I have some chisels with a diamond shaped logo, bought off the bay, thinking they might be Diamic brand. Turned out they're a Chinese copy 'Diamond' brand. Wooden handles with thin steel hoop ferrule at the bashing end. Found they're easy to sharpen (softish steel) and good for paring but crumble if used for mortices.

You've not given us much to go on, but the yellow-handled Marples chisels that I am imagining were made and sold in the second half of the twentieth century.
Are we thinking about the same ones? :D

Thanks for the replies. I think Mike even has the same brand of Chinese. I only paid a dollar for each one. That's the Marples chisel. I'm from Vancouver. Vancouver really didn't start growing until after the Second World War, so old for us is pretty recent for you guys.

Latest posts

Back