Wood help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andrewlace66":5tylzx3v said:
I had some wood in my green house for a few day and it now bowed. Do think it got to hot.why has it happen

If it's any consolation, it was probably going to bow anyhow, just maybe not as quickly. Wood wants to cup, bow, warp, twist, and generally make you want to tear your hair out. Outfoxing it isn't easy!

Try misting it with water and putting it some where cool it might straighten out a bit stack it with spacers in between to let the air circulate.

Pete

andrewlace66":33ott1uh said:
I had some wood in my green house for a few day and it now bowed. Do think it got to hot.why has it happen
Basically because it has dried out from one surface quicker than the internal moisture can migrate through the wood, therefore one side has shrunk more than the other.

Wood can be dried in a greenhouse but it needs cocooning in a wrapping such as large paper potato sacks or similar to maintain a constant micro climate around all sides of the wood whilst the moisture slowly releases to the atmosphere.

Far better to store the wood out of excessive heat and moisture exposure and let it dry as slowly as possible.

See this link for an explanation as to why some wood warps more than others.

Back