Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbycrich

Reaction score
Hi everyone. What are the best blades to buy for my bandsaw as I have a sealey sm1303 machine I have had bandsaw for 2 months now & I have put in my 4th blade as for some reason they keep breaking after I have cut about half a dozen pieces of wood. The blades are put in the right way tension is right, I bought the blades of amazon they are supposedly from sealey but having doubts. The last 2 blades cost 17.00 each so don't know if that's cheap or expensive, mind you it works out expensive if I am having to buy them every month. So can anybody on this forum put me in the right direction.

tuffsaws would get my vote.

I have used others such as starrett and axminster, which are perfectly good, but for cost, service and quality, I would go straight to Tuffsaws now.

Sounds like too tight. Basically they never break unless over-tight for too long. For long life they should be just tight enough to stop them slipping, but cut better if a bit tighter than that.
Or they could be duff blades - if they break at the weld try a different supplier.

Have you checked the Thrust bearing at the back of the blade is 'just' off the blade? Sometimes it is forgotten and allows the blade to move further back than is good for it.

Anyway, Tuffsaw blades are definately the best you can get.
Alex

What size blade are you using and how many tpi? also what are you cutting when the blade snaps?

Back