Radial Arm Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul200

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone on here either works with, or knows of, radial arm saws other than the ubiquitous DeWalt offerings? Someone I know is expanding his business workshop and needs two new radial arm saws so he asked me if I could point him in the right direction (I used to own a small tool shop). They need to be of industrial quality and around the £4k + vat price range.

The only other brands I know of are OMGA and Maggi. Does anyone have any experience of these machines - or any others that could be considered? I would be very grateful for any help anyone can offer.

Thanks

Paul

Paul200":2mihxn1z said:
Someone I know is expanding his business workshop and needs two new radial arm saws

I was under the impression that RASs are rather out of favour these days. Other than the ability to use a dado blade for trenching cuts what does a RAS offer in a commercial workshop that a big SCMS can't do just as well?

Thanks guys.

I'll put forward Framar as something to look into. My mate has a Wadkin planer/thicknesser that he was thinking of replacing but I talked him out of it - I think he now knows the value of these older machines and I'll also suggest looking at used machines.

pcb1962, your point is one I made but he's adamant that the machinery stays the same. I might have another go though.

Cheers

Paul

Back