Coronet tool company thicknesser worth?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinlysliced

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have inherited a Coronet Tool Company Thicknesser, it looks fairly old and the blades have rust on them, how can I find out if its worth anything? My father had a lovely big workshop but there is no way I can run anything through it in my 10x8 shed, and its pretty heavy to move outside all the time.

Also where would you suggest I sell it. I am in Manchester UK

It's worth what someone will pay for it! Within their limits, those Coronet machines were superbly made, but technically a bit primitive. There were two models, one about 4" wide, the other 7", both basically surface planers (and good ones) with a plate attachment for thicknessing, which "worked", up to a point.
If, as it sounds, you've got the standalone one with its own motor, then it's a useful, useable machine for an amateur. But whether that translates to £25 or £250 depends on who wants it. Probably worth posting it on the For Sale section of this forum once you've decided what you want to ask for it. Otherwise, try Gumtree or whatever local free-ad publications there are in your area.

dickm":2ei2qb4x said:
It's worth what someone will pay for it! Within their limits, those Coronet machines were superbly made, but technically a bit primitive. There were two models, one about 4" wide, the other 7", both basically surface planers (and good ones) with a plate attachment for thicknessing, which "worked", up to a point.
If, as it sounds, you've got the standalone one with its own motor, then it's a useful, useable machine for an amateur. But whether that translates to £25 or £250 depends on who wants it. Probably worth posting it on the For Sale section of this forum once you've decided what you want to ask for it. Otherwise, try Gumtree or whatever local free-ad publications there are in your area.

Thanks, Yes it is the free standing one with a 7 inch bed

Damn, I started reading some other articles on here and now I can't decide if to sell it or refurbish it and make room. I like the idea of keeping it, but may have to think of a solution that is stable but on wheels that I can move to where its needed and then stash it away afterwards.

Thinlysliced":1w8tsj6i said:
Damn, I started reading some other articles on here and now I can't decide if to sell it or refurbish it and make room. I like the idea of keeping it, but may have to think of a solution that is stable but on wheels that I can move to where its needed and then stash it away afterwards.
Careful now, beforeyou know it you'll be planning on building a new bigger shed! (hammer)

Back