aldi router and router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanso82

Established Member
Reaction score
They both look like the B&Q/Argos DIY ones to me. Should be ok for light duty work but I doubt the table fence will be very sturdy.

As you say, the Aldi stuff may be cheap but will get you started and doing some projects,
In many ways, A better start to you're woodworking You will probably be surprised at what you make.
Please post WIP, on you're projects, if you can, which is always interesting to see and read.
Regards Rodders

well i think ill give them ago, like i said they arnt going to get used everyday so will probably do for my needs, i will let you know what i think of them when i get round to using them

Both are a waste of money. The router is OK, but the collet lock is prone to jamming. Once that happens it's a huge pain to swap bits. You'll find better options on Gumtree for the money.

The router table is OK, given the price, however it isn't as good as something you could knock up yourself with a few offcuts if you have the time.

evanso82":3ou4hfin said:
well i think ill give them ago, like i said they arnt going to get used everyday so will probably do for my needs, i will let you know what i think of them when i get round to using them

One thing I would recommend is to bin any cutters that come with it and invest in some decent ones like Wealdons. You'll be amazed at the difference quality cutters will make to even the cheapest router.

Alongside my Makita 1/4" trimmer I have a cheap B&Q special I got free from a member here (plunge was stuck). I fixed that and it's brilliant for light stuff with good cutters and gets regular use on jobs where I wouldn't take my Makita gear (rougher council estates, etc).

Back