Axminster High Wycombe "Festool Festive" 2nd June

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhossydd

Established Member
Reaction score
What a waste of time.
Billed with;
"one of Festool's leading experts, will be in store to demonstrate the benefits and attributes of the Festool range."
"Why not get hands-on experience to appreciate the quality and accuracy of Festool products and find out why they are so highly recommended for the serious woodworker?"
"take advantage of special offers..."

Except the 'expert' couldn't demonstrate anything because he wasn't allowed to use any of Axminster's stock tools! Why didn't they bring along Festool's own demo stock ?
'Special offers' ? nothing.

Nice idea to have events like this, but this was a complete dead loss.

Went to Axminster Nuneaton a few years back as they were advertising having a similar "event" not only was the Festool rep not even there but Axminster had dismantled 3/4 of their Festool display so there was very little to look at.
120 mile round trip for kumquat all!

Didn't someone post up a while ago about going another Axminster "event" were an "expert" was supposed to be demonstrating a planer thicknesser only the "expert" didn't know anything about planers?

To be fair the 'expert' was from Festool and from what I heard did know what he was talking about.

I don't know who to point the finger at; Axminster for over selling the 'event' or Festool for not ensuring they had some product to demonstrate with.
I think the later may be more culpable. I think they should have turned up with some demo kit and materials to use it on. Some discount vouchers would have been a nice gesture too. A good hands on demo and a few extra quid off might just have persuaded me to get the credit card out for a Domino today.

I agree about Axminster High Wycombe...I complained to the manager that if I was making an effort to visit the store, then I would expect stocks to be topped up, after all, computers keep the stock levels counted. Every excuse under the sun was given, but no apology...then they complain about unfair online competition when the business goes under?

Sorethumb":jk6vmspt said:
I agree about Axminster High Wycombe...I complained to the manager that if I was making an effort to visit the store, then I would expect stocks to be topped up,
This thread isn't a general moan about that particular store, just that 'event' that proved to be a dead loss, probably due to Festool's approach rather than Axmister's.

In my many visits to the store I've found it well enough stocked and the ability to check stock online before a visit should ensure that a trip won't be wasted.

Latest posts

Back