Axminster £1 delivery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good. it makes axminster an option for bits and pieces. i have had many orders in the past that have gone elsewhere because i havent needed £50 worth of stuff.

This is good news but how do they adjust their prices to cover the cost particularly for heavier items. Maybe their mark-up is already high enough.

John

I looked for a 2 to 1 sleeve while the delivery was £1 - before it went back up. Then I had the email, but they were out of stock anyway. I ordered it from Chronos which was cheaper anyway inc. delivery. Anyone with a lathe should look there - an amazing selection of centres and stuff.

phil.p":1e8xntjg said:
on orders less than £50 as been extended til the end of june.

It's been extended more at least 3 times now, ends at end of August now. Probably will get extended indefinitely.

I've got an Axi store only a couple of miles away, so pretty much free "delivery" all the time for me, but I still very seldom use it and then only if I'm desperate, many of the things I have looked at buying in the last two or three years have been significantly uncompetitive, some shockingly so ! Still, the customer service is good :)

Cheers, Paul

I also only use them as a last resort and then it is usually to buy a special offer that makes them competitive. They are however 1000% better than Rutlands. I ordered a £250 grinder from them and was charged £6.95 for next day Parcelfarce delivery. Ordered on Weds waited in all day Thurs and Fri and got delivery 2pm Sat. When I told Rutlands they said we will make a claim against carrier and refund charge . Since then diddly squat. Shall not rush back to order anything else.

Bill

I've found Axminster to have more competitive prices recently e.g. an OF1010 that's about £6 cheaper than N&B which is saying something! Maybe that's just luck / coincidence but that, coupled with free delivery to Shetland (Shetland is usually excluded from free delivery offers elsewhere), and they've got me coming back. Dispatch is quick and the times I've spoken to someone on the phone has always been great.

Nelsun":w0m6pzju said:
I've found Axminster to have more competitive prices recently e.g. an OF1010 that's about £6 cheaper than N&B which is saying something! Maybe that's just luck / coincidence but that, coupled with free delivery to Shetland (Shetland is usually excluded from free delivery offers elsewhere), and they've got me coming back. Dispatch is quick and the times I've spoken to someone on the phone has always been great.

I was surprised to find them the cheapest for a new Festool router and when I picked it up I queried why they were suddenly cheaper than anywhere else I'd looked online.

Was informed that they have made a conscience pricing decision to make themselves more competitive.

Hope it continues!

I think you have to remember that Axi have big stores where you can go and try things and much larger overheads than some of the online companies so I expect to pay a bit more from them. What I don't agree with is people who will go and try kit out in a store and then search for the cheapest place to buy it online to save a few quid. That's unfair on the stores and if we all did that the stores would close and then nobody would be able to try before they buy. It winds me up a lot. It's why there aren't many camera shops that I can walk into and test cameras with these days.

I've found the after sales service at Aximinster extremely good. I bought a 10" planer thicknesser from the High Wycombe store two years ago and while in there last week buying some Titebond I asked the manager about setting up the fence which has been a pain. He couldn't have been more helpful, demonstrating on a machine they had on show. How many online traders could offer that service.

John

Latest posts

Back