Decking again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david123

Established Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything on the search that solves my problem.
Having moved into a new house three months ago and inherited quite a large decked area which was pretty dirty. I have pressure washed it and find that is not in the best of condition and will probably have to replace it in a year or two, but meanwhile there is anything I can do to tidy it up and preserve it? as I have far too much work to do in the house to keep me busy for some time.

Thanks

david123":1l6ybx7m said:
Couldn't find anything on the search that solves my problem.
Having moved into a new house three months ago and inherited quite a large decked area which was pretty dirty. I have pressure washed it and find that is not in the best of condition and will probably have to replace it in a year or two, but meanwhile there is anything I can do to tidy it up and preserve it? as I have far too much work to do in the house to keep me busy for some time.

Thanks

Scrub it with Oxalic acid. Buy it in crystal form on eBay, mix it with warm water and get on your knees with a scrubbing brush.

Thanks guys
Good tip about the oxalis acid, I did do a google on it Rod but was trying to sort the chaff from the wheat. I have just read your link, and happen to have a screfix just down the road, which is handy

Back