Burgess BK3 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pietrach

Reaction score
Hi
I purchased this bandsaw yesterday for £10. It was used only a few times and then locked for years and years in the garage. It looks in pristine condition.
I am still to assemble it and test it, but assuming it all works fine, was it a good deal?

Thanks

Yes!

Have a look at some of the "similar topics" posts at the bottom of the page for more useful info including a downloadable original manual (not that it will tell you much.)

OK, the saw tested and works great. Few adjustments were needed but runs great now. However, there was no fence with it, it actually is a separate accessory. Does anyone have an idea how to manufacture one at home?
Thank you

I have a burgess mk1 and it was originally my granddads. It runs great but I do find the inside fills up with sawdust really quickly and so use it with the cover off most of the time. We had to wire and extra switch into ours as well as the switch wasn't ideal for my needs.

Pietrach":6bb8gkqv said:
OK, the saw tested and works great. Few adjustments were needed but runs great now. However, there was no fence with it, it actually is a separate accessory. Does anyone have an idea how to manufacture one at home?
Thank you

Hi, this could be worth a punt. http://www.axminster.co.uk/small-bandsaw-rip-fence ...Currently out of stock but should be worth the wait, and probably as cheap as buying the materials to make one.

Nigel

Ram64":rw0mtz82 said:
Pietrach":rw0mtz82 said:
Thank you

Hi, this could be worth a punt. http://www.axminster.co.uk/small-bandsaw-rip-fence ...Currently out of stock but should be worth the wait, and probably as cheap as buying the materials to make one.

Nigel

Well spotted, I found this fence, but after you!
Regards Rodders

Back