Inca Euro 260 blade tension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tugalis

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon,

I have been using this saw for a while (spanking bit of kit) and haven't had a problem with blade tension as I normally set it up by ear? As in the noise the blade makes when you twang it shows if it is tensioned enough lol, but I am sure this is not the correct way to do this.

The saw does have a tension spring it with with an indicator that reads from 1 - 5, as ridiculous as I feel for asking this, does anyone know how this shows if the blade is correctly tensioned? Is there a table supposed to be on the side of the saw that isn't there that shows correct tension for different thickness blade or somthing in the manual because I've looked and can't really find anything on the net.

Figured I would ask here as I know a few people have/had them.

Thanks for the help in advance,

J

I have a 260 but I haven't used that gauge. On any other bandsaw I have used, I have always set it by eye/ear. I would like a better way of doing it- a strain gauge or something but I have never actually investigated whether one exists. Any solution would probably be a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

Cheers for the reply. Yeh same thoughts here really. It's not needed I guess but it's always there in the back of your head making you think your doing somthing wrong.

I bought a Euro 260 in 1990 and it continues to give me good service. The recommended tensions for different sizes of blade are as follows:
1/8" blade = tension setting 3
1/4" blade = tension setting 4
3/8" blade = tension setting 5
1/2" blade = tension setting 5
5/8" blade = tension setting 5

Use of 1/8" blade requires the "fretsaw" components kit.

Back