Planner Drive Belt for Kity BestCombi 2000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewan

Reaction score
Hi,

The planner drive belt on my Kity BestCombi 2000 has started jumping of the drive wheel after many years of problem free running. I can get it back on but it doesn't stay there for long. There is no obvious reason why it's de-railing and no obvious damage to the belt and it seems to be pretty tight, but I guess the belt has just stretched with age and it's not tight enough. Any advice as to what I can do and if a new belt is the answer any idea where I can get one? I'm aware Kity went bust some while ago and web searching has not helped. I assume the belt is not unique to Kity. Anyone know a supplier of belts who I could send the old belt to who might be able to match it.

Thanks

Ewan

These belts, as you say last a very long time.
I would say either the belt has stretched a small enough amount to come off, You should always run the belt in the same direction, and maybe not used for periods doesn't help.
Or the bolts are not tight aligning the motor and driven attachment.
I have seen new ones, original on Fleabay, would be my next move and check the motor bolts too!
Regards Rodders

belts tend to be standardised things and often have the details printed on the outside of the belts surfaces. Have a look, write it down and then seek out a belt supplier, wholesaler and see if they have one or can get you one. Even try a motor factors and see what they have that will match.

Search via Google and Ebay also.

hi ewan
i had the exact same problem just 2 weeks ago.
i contacted a company called transbelt, who , as far as i can tell are the only people now producing flat belts.
the only problem being that short widths ( mine was 15mm ) you have to buy 2 belts as the thinnest they make is 30 mm and they then slice them in 2 thus giving 2 belts.
contact details are
transbelt 0151 922 1314
hope this helps
cheers paul

Thanks all. There seems to be a small amount of latitude to move the motor to tighten the belt. I'll try that first.

Ewan

Back