Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robinthree

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Iv bought a bandsaw at an auction for £100
It's a multico pro-Mex
It's in good condition and I'm really happy with it, it has a cast iron table and integrated stand
Does anyone know of this make? I can't find much on them

My main question is how thick a blade can I get away with on this, the wheel diameter is 14" and has a 1" wide rubber wheel runner that the blade rides on, does this mean I can use a 1" thick blade?
I'm wanting it for milling logs and thick timber rather than using it to shape timber

Any suggestions would be welcome
Thanks

Hi the best advice i can give is to contact Ian at Tuffsaws and speak to him,he may know the spec of the saw if you give him the model no,and also tell you the best blade to use for your needs,
regards david

I very much doubt it will take 1" blades. It takes a very hefty machine to tension them. My large axminster will do so but to be honest they are awkward to fit- I would rather use and get as good results from a 3/4. Blade width is more about the stiffness of the frame and the size of the spring- you may be restricted to 5/8 or 3/4

I agree with contacting tuffsaws. Ian will be able to tell you what to use based on what you want to cut. Have in mind whether it is straight or curved cud, green or seasoned wood, typical thickness, how important the cut finish is etc. all will help him to advise you.

All above is good.
Very few consumer bandsaws will tension a 1" blade and 3/4 may be pushing it, I'm not familiar with that particular machine. The good news, however, is that you do not need a wide blade to cut your wood. For ripping and for thick timber you simply need a coarse blade, say 3TPI skip tooth, any width between 1/2" and 3/4" will do nicely.
Ian at Tuffsaws will sort you out.

Latest posts

Back