Clarke CHT684 Clamp guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sercher70

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a plunge router and have used wooden straight edge guides. However I can't use the dust outlet fixture as sometimes the position of the clamps I use get in the way. I am considering buying a Clarke CHT 684 clamp guide Has anyone used one of these? I looked at the Silverline models but reviews stated they were prone to not lock at times. Thanks.

I have no experience of this Clarke guide myself, but anything that helps keeping the dust away will be a good idea.
I see that these guides are multi use, for circular saws, etc, as well as the router.
As you are probably aware the price difference is between £17.00, and £26.00, plus the post, on the few I looked at.
This could be the cheapest, https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/prod ... lamp-guide
HTH Regards Rodders

I bought the Silverline one a few months ago and it looks identical to the Clarke one in the link above.

Used it loads for circular saw, router and occasionally on the table saw. It's not the strongest clamping action in the world but it's never moved yet whilst I've been cutting with it.

At that money it's not a dear experiment really, I was quite happy with mine. Worth a shot I'd say.

Shug

@sercher70:

It may be too late for you (or too early) but I just bought a very similar looking tool in Lidl here this week. I should add that although I'm in Switzerland I often see posts on here from members in UK talking about various Lidl (and Aldi) items of interest and 9 times out of 10 those same items appear in our Lidl (or Aldi) here a week or so later (or sometimes earlier).

The Lidl item I bought looks very similar to the item shown in the link (except that some of the plastic bits are red), it's 2 metres long overall (clamping length is of course a bit less than that), and it cost the equivalent of 15 quid. I've only used it a little so far but it seems to work fine and it clamps up OK if the "free end" is pushed fully flush up against the work piece while the toggle clamp at the other end is set fully open.

Based on that I'd say have a quick look in Lidl or buy the one shown in the link.

HTH
AES

Back