Repairing a Corian Fire Surround

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hancock

Established Member
Reaction score
Son has a Corian fire surround that needs repairing. It's basically a rectangular frame which rests on a ledge/hook on the chimney breast.
The two top joints have broken so the top rail is separate from the rest. When placed together the break cannot be seen. What is the best adhesive to use bearing in mind the repaired joints will be carrying the weight of the two sides and bottom rails. There is room behind the frame to attach brackets across the joints. could the brackets be screwed to the Corian or do they need to be just glued?

Hope that makes sense :)

Simples, Corian Adhesive. Just need to make sure it is the right colour, however you do need a special gun for the glue cartridge.

Might be simpler to see if you could get some help from a local Corian Fabricator.

It's easy stuff to use and is simle to sand after gluing.

Richard

Thank you for your reply.

I don't need to worry about a colour match because where the break is it is not visible from the front

I did try to find adhesives for Corian but kept finding that it's only supplied to Corian Fabricators. Is there another glue that would work and support the weight?

stone resin, My mate who was in the restoration trade said they used to fix blocks with no other support. not sure where you get it from though

Back