Where could I get Pantone 380 lacquer/paint from?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomf

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for this colour of finish either as a lacquer (ideally) or a paint but it seems quite difficulty to track down someone who does a colour so bright.
I am I being too unrealistic with this?
I did think about car paint however I don't have the facility to spray 2ks.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• flock-limettengruen[1].png
    flock-limettengruen[1].png
    1,018 bytes · Views: 815
See if you can get it mixed in synthetic enamel or get a rattle can mixed up in acrylic.
It's still spray paint so precautions should be taken, but not so nasty as 2K.
How much do you need ?
I could probably get it mixed as a water based paint, but would need a clear coat over the top to protect it.

Edit,

I just checked and found a near equivalent in the RAL range. Try RAL 1016.
RAL 1016 is definitely available and can be mixed in the Lesonal WBMM scheme, this should be able to be mixed by any motor paint factor.
The RAL colours can be mixed in the Max Meyer system also, again this is water based so quite safe from a toxicity point of view.

Pantone colours are used in the printing industry, as n0legs suggests find the nearest in a paint colour system, RAL is certainly the easiest to get mixed, every paint supplier will have formulas for RAL.

Not sure if it's too late but we can tint Precat or AC lacquers to that shade. I've just checked our promatch system here and we have formula.

All we need to know is the sheen level and quantity your are after.

Back