coronet imp bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard

Established Member
Reaction score
any idea how to wire this it is marked but i do not trust the markings

Attachments

• 1999-01-01 00.00.00-1.jpg
    1999-01-01 00.00.00-1.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,075
  • 1999-01-01 00.00.00-2.jpg
    1999-01-01 00.00.00-2.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1,075
Difficult to tell from your images, but it looks like a three phase contactor/overload (starter), wired for single phase use.

If I am correct the brown wire is just looping through the starter to ensure the overload sees a balanced load.

If it was on three phase all overload shunts would be used, but if you are using single phase, you need to make this loop so all overload shunts are loaded with the same current.

Hope this is of help, and that I have just not confused the issue. :?

Take care.

Chris R.

Yes it is a three phase switch wired for single phase not sure if the brown wire is conceited to the correct terminals; it looks to me like it's going to go bang.

Not sure from your images, but it looks as if the brown wire is just looping through from L1 to L2, which would be correct, if that is the case.

It would be easier if I could do a drawing and the post the image, but my computer skills are very limited, and not up to posting images, so I will try to explain three phase starter wiring for single phase.

At the feed end of the starter you have L1, L2, L3, there may not numbers on your starter, but if you count from the left (looking at the starter).

Connect the single phase live to L1, input to starter, at the output end of the starter connect your loop wire to L1, output, the other end of the loop wire goes to L2, input, your live output will now be at L2 output. The neutral in and out will be through L3. The motor is then feed from (L2 live) and (L3 neutral).

Important, the above is the normal way of wiring three to single phase starters, but it depends where the contactor coil and hold on contact is wired ?.

Hope this helps.

Chris R.

Back