Window style help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murdoch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been asked to price some windows which are unusual in that the frame protrudes past the casements on the outside by about 40mm. These seem popular when made in stone but not so much in timber. does anybody know what this style of window is called? will help a lot with google searches and in speaking with the customer.

Many thanks

Ive always wondered what the correct term is these style windows. Ive always referred to them as mullioned windows as that describes stone windows which are similar in appearance.

I realise that a mullion is the vertical component in a window in the same way a transom is the horizontal. I have seen some windows like this which have the projecting transom made flat with a drip to the lower side rather than the same moulding as the projection on the mullion and jambs, i can understand the reason but it looks ugly to me.

Do you have the cutters to make them in a single section or is the projecting part a plant on?

Not sure what it's called murdoch. I made some a while back and stuck some sections onto a rod to show customers. I can post a pic of it if it helps ;)

Back