Clarke disc and belt sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Iv;e been given a clarke belt and disc sander but when i switch it on it tripped the electrics any idea where i should start to look for the fault

Perhaps a silly question, but did you have other electrics on as well at the same time? Heater perhaps. If so, maybe it was an overload. I had this problem recently with the cold weather and overloaded the fuse. After checking the fuse in the plug, try it completly on it's own and see?

No when i first put her on the drum sander spun so i stopped her and raised the arm for the belt part and tried to start again and every thing tripped so disconnected ready for a little look in the morning :idea:

If you have the time take the motor out and take it apart, there could just be a piece of swarf in there causing the problem. Years ago folks used to repair motors rather than replace so it can be done if you know what to look for. Having said that these days though it's cheaper to replace than get a professional repair.

Better luck than judgement i took the casing off and she was full of dust and dirt ect so i put the air gun on her and give her a good clean out and to my amazement she hasn't trip the electric YET lol

Latest posts

Back