Elektra Beckum HC260 Conversion Kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFA

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got an Elektra Beckum HC260 that I'm very happy with. I wanted to change over to using disposable double sided blades for cost reasons. Am I correct in thinking I need to purchase a conversion kit to allow this to happen. It seems it would be super fiddley to set the blade height otherwise!

I can't find much about this online, does anyone know the best place to get this from?

Thanks in advance

Appleby sell the blades so they possibly sell or know where to get a holder.

Otherwise see if Tersa or Esta support your machine.

When you have had a few goes at setting the slotted blades it is quite easy to get the correct height. I use a DTI on a scribing block for setting mine, working from the out feed table.

I purchased 2 sets of blades when I bought my machine earlier this year and am still using the 1st set. I have run a lot of timber through mine ( last batch was 100 metres 4x1 sawn, both sides) but only softwood. Obviously it will depend on how much and what timber you use on your machine.

But you may find the cost of a new cutter block to accept disposable blades quite expensive :cry: even if you can locate one #-o .

Good luck

Hi,

Thanks for the replys,

I'll take s look into this, one last question,

Can you tell me where is best to get the slotted blades for this machine? I can find lots of disposable but not any slotted!

Thanks

JFA":34dam5b1 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the replys,

I'll take s look into this, one last question,

Can you tell me where is best to get the slotted blades for this machine? I can find lots of disposable but not any slotted!

Thanks

I bought mine from Appleby Woodturnings they have a website. The following link will take you to their product on Ebay I think this is the one you are after

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121084702963? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Keith

Back