Elektra Beckum table saw ant good

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

load2go

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi dose anyone on the forum use an Elektra Beckum table saw.
Im wondering are they any good.

Attachments

• $_0-1.JPG
    $_0-1.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 3,271
  • $_0.JPG
    $_0.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 3,270
hi, saw this and thought it was my thread,
never heard of them my self till yesterday but other have or have had their bandsaws and say are good reliable machines so i would be as bolt to make the assumption they trey are a good overall manufacturer :)
hope this helps

TT

From the pictures that version looks to be a a site saw rather than a tablesaw. As such it's not that easy to cut accurately and only has a basic fence. The EB PK200 is the table saw model to look out for. They come up on eBay frequently and with sliding table and extensions a good condition version should be around £200. They are noisy though as they have a brush motor.

Cheers
Andy

Metabo bought Elektra beckum if you're looking for a rip fence and crown guard
Matt

Today I resold the table saw, made a few quid on it. It's a good heavy duty saw but I realised I need something better for what I want to do.

Thanks for the info I received.

I have a similar saw and use it as my on-site saw for construction work. The fence is a bit weak but otherwise it is good for it's purpose. It is direct driven from a 3kW 3phase motor. The table is galvanized so I don't mind getting a few drops of rain on it.
Yours is missing the overarm guard. There never was a crown guard.

For fine woodworking it would be a pretty useless saw because of the not so good accuracy. I think you did the right thing reselling it if you want to get into furnituremaking.

Back