Pressure washer head ache

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razornut

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello chaps my kercher 550 decided to give up the ghost yesterday. The motor wouldn't kick in. Just buzzing as if it was stalling.well a little research, and it turns out it's the capacitor. The wise people at kercher decided to epoxy the capacitor into the housing. Well that is like a red rag to a bull. How dare they try to make it a non serviceable part. I'm having non of those shenanigans. 45 minutes later it is out. A quick search on the big river site. Bobs your uncle ten quid and when it arrives on Tuesday. Smiles all round... I hope.:-S

live life to the fullest. You only get one. at least in most cultures. :-S

I know the feeling I have a big yellow rechargeable torch with on of those 6V rechargeables you plug in to the mains, the cells where potted in, it took 2hours to chisel them out.

Pete

razornut":2ffbw15b said:
Hello chaps my kercher 550 decided to give up the ghost yesterday. The motor wouldn't kick in. Just buzzing as if it was stalling.well a little research, and it turns out it's the capacitor. The wise people at kercher decided to epoxy the capacitor into the housing. Well that is like a red rag to a bull. How dare they try to make it a non serviceable part. I'm having non of those shenanigans. 45 minutes later it is out. A quick search on the big river site. Bobs your uncle ten quid and when it arrives on Tuesday. Smiles all round... I hope.:-S

Thanks for posting. I have a 550 so will look out for that 'cos I'm likeminded and would certainly have a go myself.

cheers
Bob

Maybe it was epoxied in to conform with its IP rating ?
Just a thought.

The entire housing is sealed with.a gasket when clipped together. Their was only a big blob of resin down one side to prevent removal. My research showed that in some models the cap simply unplugs from the housing. I had to get the old dremel out to cut the back end off. To finally release the capacitor. Nothing the old epoxy hasn't cured though. By the way the easiest way to check if it's the cap is to switch it on and use a screw driver to spin the fan blades
DON'T LOSE YOUR FINGERS IN THE ATTEMPT. If it starts then it's more than likely the cap

Well chaps. Just thought I'd let you know.. It is smiles it works. Yayyyy :)

Back