Bandsaw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just ordered a Axminster Hobby Series HBS310N Bandsaw and thought i'd get some spare blades, I went to Tuffsaws and couldn't find any to fit, I need 2.270mm (89") smallest to fit the saw is 1/4" and will be using it for wood only.
Can anyone recommend the best blades to fit these saws or are the Axminster one's decent enough for making bandsaw boxes etc?
Cheers
Brian

Ian at Tuffsaws will make any length you want.

Phone him and explain what you want to use if for and he will help.

I changed to Tuffsaw blades recently for my Record BS350 and I can hardly believe how much better they are than the "standard" blades supplied by Record.

I've got an axi shop five minutes from home and was tempted to pick up a couple of replacement blades there for ease and to save postage from tuffsaws, but they have limited or no availability in the size and configurations I wanted, and were £20 each rather than £15 as well as being imho not as good, so I ordered from tuffsaws again last night and will get exactly what I want, and save money, and support a small business with excellent products and service, tuffsaw are a real gem I reckon :)

Cheers, Paul

My Band Saw has just been delivered and i'm expecting some blades from Tuffsaws in the post so should be up and running soon, haven't had the chance to open the packaging yet as were going out today but will do later. it was a very small guy on his own who delivered the saw which weighs 80kg and he had to get it out of a transit and carry to the workshop, amazed his back didn't go as awkward large box to handle (i had just for a newspaper and it wasn't supposed to arrive here until tomorrow) don't know what health and safety is for these delivery guys? but apart from the fact they could be injured.... they could also damage the machines etc.
Cheers
Brian

Hello Brian. I spoke to Ian at Tuffsaws a couple of weeks after buying my first bandsaw. I to wanted to make a bandsaw box, after a few minutes chatting Ian suggested a 1/4" 10tpi and a 3/4" fastcut for other stuff.
He also said that after I get a bit more experience he can supply a smaller blade for the bandsaw boxes, and replace the 3/8" that came with the machine. He made the two blades up and I had delivery a couple of days later.

My bandsaw has arrived and in the process of setting it up, i read somewhere that its advisable to wax the table to protect the cast iron from rust etc? any idea what's the best stuff to use?

Liberon lubricating wax is very good, I'm still on my original tin after about ten years of use on bandsaw and table saw !

Cheers, Paul

Back