Are we up for a gathering? David Stanley Sale 26/27 Sept

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I can't make this one having stupidly arranged to be elsewhere at the time.
But for anyone wavering, there is an extra special opportunity on the 27th - a chance to get your mitts on one of the tool world's most eagerly (and patiently) awaited publications!

See the second to last paragraph on this page for more info http://www.taths.org.uk/barley-saws.htm and watch this space for more from me when my copy arrives!

AndyT":30ibelrp said:
Sadly, I can't make this one having stupidly arranged to be elsewhere at the time.
But for anyone wavering, there is an extra special opportunity on the 27th - a chance to get your mitts on one of the tool world's most eagerly (and patiently) awaited publications!

See the second to last paragraph on this page for more info http://www.taths.org.uk/barley-saws.htm and watch this space for more from me when my copy arrives!

Thanks for the notification Andy. I just ordered a copy of the book.

Stewie;

AndyT":1b7hokbi said:

What's the relationship and/or overlap (and/or lack thereof) with "Hand-Saw Makers of Britain" by Schaffer and McConnell?

BugBear

bugbear":1x7lwcdx said:
What's the relationship and/or overlap (and/or lack thereof) with "Hand-Saw Makers of Britain" by Schaffer and McConnell?

BugBear

It's much bigger, much more comprehensive, acknowledges their work on page 1, and corrects some errors which they had inadvertently included.

AndyT":1ckj7815 said:
bugbear":1ckj7815 said:

BugBear

It's much bigger, much more comprehensive, acknowledges their work on page 1, and corrects some errors which they had inadvertently included.

Well, that sounds good!

BugBear (who hopes he has the unknown maker (a Kenyon) I told Don McConnell about)

AndyT":pgjcszzw said:

Ah, that's a pity Andy but you have picked up on what is also in the sale catalogue about Simons book =D>
Will be getting an early Chrissy Prezzy :ho2 :D

Cheers
Andy

Mr_P":2hfrbg03 said:
Catalogue now online

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/aucti ... 026?page=1

Didn't even know Holtzapffel made Chariots but I know I want one.

Sadly won't be attending.

Darn it...did you HAVE to mention Holtzapffel AND post the catalogue!!

Evil man!!! :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

I was thinking of going but I don't know if I can get the time off to spare...and with everyone dropping out...

Maybe in the new year....

Jimi

Sorry missed the party on the forum that said Staley meeting.
I could go but I would need a lift as I cannot drive.
anyone living close to Stonehouse, Stroud or passing through on the M5 Junction 13.
Would anyone be able to help, I would of course share on fuel costs.
Tim

jimi43":18h5vmoj said:
I was thinking of going but I don't know if I can get the time off to spare...and with everyone dropping out...

Jimi

Not after lot 265 then, a brass and steel dovetailed mitre plane by Gabriel ?

Sheffield Tony":28zfe65d said:
jimi43":28zfe65d said:

Jimi

Not after lot 265 then, a brass and steel dovetailed mitre plane by Gabriel ?

SSSSSSHHH!!! :mrgreen:

Annie's lurking and I don't think she spotted me registering for the online auction...

I think I may have got away with it!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jimi

I have seen some unusual tools in my time but the maker of this plane REALLY did not like his girlfriend now did he...

CLICKITY CLICK

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have this strange desire to own this and rescue the poor wench! :mrgreen:

Jimi

I will be attending on Friday and Saturday with a bit of luck.
I'm really looking forward to getting a copy of Simons new book. It will probably mean I wont have to pester him so much in the future with silly saw questions :lol:

Ordered my copy from Simon..what a lovely man!

I would come over just to have a chat Richard...but I fear I won't be able to make it....we shall see.

Jimi

I'll hopefully be coming along.
I'd better leave my wallet at home though....

However, I may just bring enough money to buy a book... :wink:

Adam.

rileytoolworks":32es5cs5 said:
I'll hopefully be coming along.
I'd better leave my wallet at home though....

However, I may just bring enough money to buy a book... :wink:

Adam.

Be nice to see you again Adam 8)
Anymore up for it :?: :wink:

Andy

Back