Do you know anyone who wants an old hand morticing machine?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
Was the opening line to a conversation I had recently at a show I was exhibiting at.
"I do not want anything for it" he said "as long as it is not scrapped"
Well :roll: not being one to see my public disappointed, I obliged :lol:

Well it was not free for no reason but having got it back together, I must say it still works very well indeed (hammer)

Maker was F.W.REYNOLDS & CO LONDON
Well worn.
Decent set of chisels.
Few old repairs.
Nasty break on headstock :evil:
Piggin HEAVY :shock:
Restoration thread? Don't bank on it :lol:
Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• 1138.JPG
    1138.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 1139.JPG
    1139.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 1154.JPG
    1154.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • 1144.JPG
    1144.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • 1143.JPG
    1143.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • 1145.JPG
    1145.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
Nice one Andy!

I like the way it has survived some rough times.

Now it's safe in your garden, it needs some shelter. I think it would be the perfect self referential project to use it to make a nicely jointed shed to keep it in!

You must know someone with a stack of timber they want a good home for...

I have one of these too which I have used a handful of times.

I keep wondering whether to keep it or not but it seems a shame to get rid of it. I can't remember the make but it looks very similar and has 1907 cast into the counterweight.

Well I suppose it has survived two world wars albeit only just! Just looking for a retirement home now.

Yes Andy, making a shed would be great, especially in the "TOMES" framed style 8)
Speaking of which, had our dear friend RichardT still been with us I would have taken it straight over and given it to him :wink:
Alas for the time being I have had put this together at another location :roll: :oops: (must start mentioning to him how great working museums are :-") Duly protected with grease and a builders bag :lol: :idea:

Not 100% sure on the date of this one yet but this is 1876 linked from Graces guide
http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/F._W._Reynolds_and_Co
http://vios1.rdg.ac.uk/olib/images/nof/ ... 80/037.jpg
Could be the "IMPERIAL" and I may have the drill head missing :x

While looking for clues all the others I have seen tend to have the small base which could mean the earlier(?) stretcher rail castings were susceptible to being damaged and improved(?)

As for the electric motor adaptation, I'll stick with my £25 Multico :wink:

Andy

Back