Wadkin Bursgreen 12" BFT Cutter Block

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Currently in the process of cleaning up a Wadkin Bursgreen 12" BFT planer and would like to replace the bearings. However I cannot see or workout how to remove the cutterblock pulley. I can see in the manual that the pulley is listed as a spare part so would imagine it should be reasonable straight forward, but cannot see anything obvious.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this machine or know if I need a specific tool for removing the pulley.

Have attached a couple of images showing the pulley.

cutter-block-one.jpg

cutter-block-two.jpg

Thanks,
Eddie

Attachments

• cutter-block-one.jpg
    cutter-block-one.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 100
  • cutter-block-two.jpg
    cutter-block-two.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 100
There appears to be a woodruff key slot in the pulley so there should be a key on the shaft (a woodruff key is a curved bottom piece of metal that prevents the pulley rotating independently of the shaft. I would consider it to be a woodruff key as there is no groove showing on the shaft). Is there an allen grub screw in the bottom of the pulley groove holding the pulley on? If so remove the grub screw then use a pulley puller to remove the pulley (Dont loose the wodruff key)

Hi,

Thanks for the great advice. Used an old fly wheel puller and the pulley wheel came of easily. Have also removed the key and stored it in a safe place. Just need to pull of the bearing and housing. Hopefully without to much effort.

Thanks again,
Eddie

arborealstudio":9xmq1ko9 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the great advice. Have also removed the key and stored it in a safe place.

Thanks again,
Eddie

Eddie,

I did the same with the locking pins on my Triton.
Trouble is, I can't remember where the 'safe-place' is... :roll:
Just a cautionary tale! :mrgreen:

John

Back