Rutlands Speedy Delivery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a similarly speedy delivery! Good work considering I was taking advantage of their "free delivery offer". :)

One parcel arrived next day, the second parcel arrived the next (though I think they were despatched together)

After both parcels had arrived an email was sent to me with tracking number so I could track the delivery :idea:

Rutlands used to get some stick for various things, have they been better of late?

Like the artfulbodger my order for a workbench was was processed quickly. Rutlands dispatched in two parcels which arrived the following and the following +1 day. Don't think this is a Rutlands issue as I assume they were sent together - probably Parcelforce. Why they would split the delivery is a bit of a mystery as it adds to their costs with duplicated drop offs.

I had planned to build one but the price (£170 delivered) was less than the cost to me of wood, vices etc. Seems very similar to the Axminster ones at about £500 although it does need a finish applied. It is missing a tool well about which I wasn't convinced anyway, as I suspect it would simply collect sawdust and tools until full. Will see how it goes together!

Rgds Terry

Rutlands can be very good.

Very good deals but its fashionable to knock them. They are not perfect but they are not as bad as people claim either.

Selwyn":g727kiwm said:

Very good deals but its fashionable to knock them. They are not perfect but they are not as bad as people claim either.

They are if you experience the bad service. It isn't that it is fashionable to knock them, it is more than likely that most people who comment negatively on them has first hand experience and examples. Most examples will be as a result of items being out of stock, poor quality Dakota items (not all Dakota items are poor), or having tried to communicate with the customer services department.

They do have some items which appear to be good deals. Some actually are, others are cheaper to buy elsewhere, even comparing the sale rate with the regular price elsewhere.

I placed my order for an extractor with Rutlands at 16:45 last night (Wednesday) and it arrived safe and sound at 09:15 this morning (Thursday). So yep, speedy delivery.
:D

[Edited to correct for temporal anomaly!]

cgarry":g10mbmrk said:
I placed my order for an extractor with Rutlands at 16:45 last night (Thursday) and it arrived safe and sound at 09:15 this morning (Friday). So yep, speedy delivery.
Was time travel involved? Are you the new Doctor?

SPSlick":22qxszm9 said:
cgarry":22qxszm9 said:
I placed my order for an extractor with Rutlands at 16:45 last night (Thursday) and it arrived safe and sound at 09:15 this morning (Friday). So yep, speedy delivery.

Bitterly disappointed, I even checked my calendar just in case (it wouldn't be the first time!) - yesterday was not Thursday, today is not Friday, tomorrow is not Saturday. :(

KevM":6wz6siys said:
SPSlick":6wz6siys said:
cgarry":6wz6siys said:

Bitterly disappointed, I even checked my calendar just in case (it wouldn't be the first time!) - yesterday was not Thursday, today is not Friday, tomorrow is not Saturday. :(

Sorry if I got any hopes up that the weekend would be here a day early this week! Original post now corrected.

Selwyn":2qgrj173 said:

Yes, I agree, as long as they have all of your items in-stock you will find them to be excellent.

Selwyn":2qgrj173 said:

The problems occur when they don't have stock, or there is some other problem, and their customer services department get involved.

Back