Dewalt 738 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just purchased the Dewalt DW738 bandsaw from the well known auction site for £120, bit of a rash bid but ended up winning it.

Haven't picked it up yet however it's supposed to only have been used once and in good condition.

Just wondering if it's a good deal or not as Ive read some decent reviews, and a few not so good.

Has anyone had any experience of this saw, or actually owns one just to let me know if Ive wasted some of my hard earned cash or not!

Thanks
Phil

I've no experience of one but online reviews are mixed.
I believe the band saw has an aluminium table which is not always as flat and stable as cast iron.
But for the £120 you paid it's worth a go, and if you don't like it maybe sell it on.

Hi Lads,

Just picked this up and, it's not perfect, there was no fence for it for starters, which isn't a major problem as I can use a straight edge and clamps, and the table looks as though it's had a fair bit of usage, however there's one thing I'd like to check out with you if I may.

Just ran it for the first time and boy does it vibrate!

Haven't got a clue whether this is normal?, could the blade have too much tension, or not enough?, mind works fine and happy quite happy with it on first impressions.

I'm off to try and find a manual for it now but I thought I would run this vibration query past you all first, it may just need some fine tuning here and there but was just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas what it could be?

Again I'll have a proper look at it tomorrow once I download the manual.

Thanks
Phil

Back