Mobility advice needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGMenager

Reaction score
Hi every one

I received last week my new cast iron table saw, the itech 01332 (clone of SIP model) very nice, quiet and stable. I also bought from Machine Mart a set of universal mobile based unit. My adapted garage needs the saw to be on wheels and when I move the saw around up and down is fine but having to fixed wheels makes maneuver slightly more tricky. I am planing to created a metal sub-frame with four rotational wheels so I can position the machine after used in the right place and I am looking for ideas. I have thought on foot locks but they are very expensive so I was thinking of heavy duty leveling feet lowering them in position to use the saw and lifting them up after use so the machine goes back to be fully mobile over the casters. Can anyone point me to the right direction please? Any advise will be more than welcome

Regards

Marcos

I made a good strong trolley from a piece of 3/4" plywood and a set of 3" swivelling casters from Axminster. It moves my P/T about the floor with very little effort. The wheels aren't retractable but it doesn't seem to be a problem.
Cheers,
John

I made this mobile base for my Wadkin AGS10. It's is made from 50 mm angle iron, and is supported by four 100 mm castors. As my concrete floor is uneven, i made 4 leveling feets from 12 mm threaded rod, which can raise the whole assembly.
IMG_1039.JPG

Cheers Anders

Attachments

• IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 776
Back