Engineer in South Wales needed to look at my Hammer A3 31

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrYorke

Established Member
Reaction score
My hammer A3 31 has stopped working.

I'm on the phone to felder but it's not sounding too promising at the moment.

Don't really want to have to get them out as it'll cost a fortune just to get them down here.

So, does anyone know an engineer that could come have a look?

I'm based in Cardiff.

And no, I have no simple means of getting the machine anywhere as I don't have transport.

Hi Mr Yorki,

I'm not an engineer but have found the forum to be very helpful in situations like this. Firstly is the motor still running when you turn it on or is it dead ???. If the motor is still running have you checked the drive belts they could have snapped. If the motor is not running when plugged in have you checked the fuse in the plug, try plugging something else into the socket to make sure you are getting power to the socket.

Just a couple of thoughts hope they help

Grayo

Have spoken to felder and they think it could be the capacitors so they are on order

Cheers for your suggestions

Grayo":1i08bo8u said:
Hi Mr Yorki,

I'm not an engineer but have found the forum to be very helpful in situations like this. Firstly is the motor still running when you turn it on or is it dead ???. If the motor is still running have you checked the drive belts they could have snapped. If the motor is not running when plugged in have you checked the fuse in the plug, try plugging something else into the socket to make sure you are getting power to the socket.

Just a couple of thoughts hope they help

Grayo

In general, get a multimeter - wildly useful around house, workshop and garage. It's MUCH easier
to test a light bulb or fuse with a multimeter than any other way I know.

http://uk.farnell.com/tenma/72-7765/mul ... dp/7430558

(how do people test fuses without a multimeter?)

BugBear

Hi MrYorke,

Based on the conclusions from Felder and them ordering the caps this is likely to be the culprit.

I've got a few Hammer machines, an A3 31 being one of them and have had issues with a Hammer based motor in the past. Drop me a PM if the caps don't solve it I may be able to shed some light.

Good luck.

Cheers shed9, I will be in touch if it's not the capacitors.

As for the other replies.......this machine is single phase and run of a 16amp socket not of the standard 13amp variety. Ta

Back