Spray Glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
Is there a spray glue that can be used to stick a patern for scrolling, that is easy to remove from the stock please? Or waht glue is normally use to stick pictures to stock and then remove the left over bits?

Alex

Yes, you can use "Spray Mount' available from art and craft shops. Hope tha helps

Cover the wood with masking tape , then spray the back of the pattern with spray adhesive (allow it to partially dry) then stick onto masking tape. Cover with clear sticky tape to lubricate blade whilst cutting.

When pattern has been cut remove masking tape to leave a surface that doesn't need cleaning.

M

Good ideas there guys, many thanks. Does anyone use self adhesive paper that peels the backing and is easy to peel off again after cutting?

Alex

I use the A4 self adhesive sheets, and it's what I prefer.

However sometimes, I have to use my heat gun to aid removal and it does leave a glue residue, but as I always sand the front that doesn't bother me.

Thanks for that. It may be a plan to use the self adhesive sheets but put the blue masking tape on first. Will need to experiment.

Alex

Bryan Bennett":1v5waa2u said:
Alex Wilko sell a double sided tape 2 ins wide very good,it is yellow in colour and the backing peels off very easy.

Bryan

I use the same tape, I think it's about 2.60 for a 10m roll. I also bought a few rolls in a store in Whitby for about 1.20 per 10m. It's a lot less messy than spray. A4 labels are a good idea too, if you can get the cheap ones.

Alex.

You have been given a mass of good advice, all valid, but I will add one more.

I cover the wood with masking tape first, then stick pattern on with Pritt stick, but Staples own brand, as its much cheaper than Pritt.

Take care.

Chris R.

I can't say I've used prit stick yet but the stuff I use is crafters companion red can

http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/adhe ... -can-p1893

I first bought this In a shop in Glasgow but now they don't stock it so I went to using the expensive 3M stuff. Then figured the shop in Glasgow must have been ordering it from somewhere. So looked up the can, found the crafters companion website and ordered 3 for £15. I'm only just finished one can and it lasted me the full project for the Glasgow science centre (periodic table jigsaw puzzle, 72 elements X2) so 144 & a few more orders I had to make since then.

I'm only just on the second can.

After many years of using spray mount, re-positional spray mount and pattern stuck down with transparent film I discovered A4 labels (thanks to toesy and Martin) and have never looked back.

I make up an A4 sheet of the shapes I want to cut then photocopy it on to an A4 label. I initially cut out the shapes and stuck them all on to the wood but had some problems removing the excess due to it being stuck on to the wood, sometimes for a few weeks. Martin's tip was to cut out a shape from the label, stick it on the wood, cut it out then remove the excess bits - all in the same cutting session. Works a treat.

No spraying or adhesive marking up with tape. Just cut out the shape from the label sheet, stick it on the wood, cut out the shape, remove excess label bits. Doddle.

I saw some spray glue in poundland the other day. The misses got some for the kids crafts, but I will try a bit to see how it is.
Cheers
Mark

Back