Catches while turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that. It is the best explanation on how catches occur I've seen. Saved to favourites.

That's worth a link in the help section, excellent video.

Noted and added CHJ

I saw this and knew that there are many that are afraid of the skew and by seeing what causes the problems will help some improve their skills. It was one of Richards video's that helped me with it, I think he explains all things that he does very well

Very useful video. As they say "if something is that good there must be a catch"

I've watched about 5 of Richards dvd's and I rate him as one of the real greats. If you get a chance to see how quickly he roughs out a box from rough wood using only a skew...you'll see what I mean. The man has some serious talent.

I have always been a great admirer of Richard Raffan. Production turners such as Richard & Gary Rance know from experience the quickest way to achieve their end results.

Gary Rance also does 'the catch' both at demonstrations & on his DVD.

For those on slow broadband, or anyone else really, you can save the video on your PC by using one of the many free video downloaders. I currently use Stream Transport
- http://www.streamtransport.com/

Back