Show us Yer' Walls!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tool-me-up

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, re-arranging the man cave a bit to make things a bit more bearable - the bike lift is nearing completion and has been bolted to the floor so that means I now need a little juggle around to keep things reachable.

The main problem I have is anything valuable needs to be locked down.

For this reason 99% of my hand tools, decent drill bits, welding machines etc etc are in a big red tool chest roll-cab type thingy - castors removed and and both sections firmly bolted to the floor and wall from inside and behind the drawer unit etc.

Some things im not too fussed about locking up and are wall hung like spirit levels, hand saws, g-clamps and hand saws - hacksaws etc.

I have two spare sheets of 600mm chipboard flooring so I was looking to make some sort of wall -board out of it - unless I decide to use it for something else - I might empty off my bench shelves and fashion some doors from it and then have another lockable section for more tools to go in there.

Also got a fair few although relatively small approx 400mm off cuts of Conti-board to mess about with if I need smaller boards.

I think I have drill bits covered Im planning on making a small lockable cupboard to wall mount next to the drill - which will free up a small drawer in the tool chest.

So any pics of your wall assortments? Or nifty storage solutions in general would be good too :wink:

My walls are just covered in racks of clamps and a couple of old chipboard kitchen base unit sides with rules and squares etc hung on them

Back