Sargent Block Plane No. 207

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostrider

Reaction score
hi just found this on a old boat in the ships locker
Sargent Block Plane No. 207
all loose and free just bit rusty looks worse on pics than in hand
is it worth saving or is it a scrapper

blade /iron not bad touch surface rust

all the best ghostrider

As a user. as is "no good"
Once restored (cleaned and tuned) should be fine. A pic would give a better idea.
But personally I would sell as it's a touch collectable. Just tidy up but don't clean to much people hate that.

At the end of the day if it works it works.
Let me know what you do with it?
TT

hi
tried to upload the pics but says to large any one know how to reduce it as a bit computer numpty
thanks all the best ghostrider

From the US site Carl linked to, it was a very basic, cheap to make design, with no adjustable mouth and no depth of cut adjuster. So as a plane to use it's not valuable. There might be a small number of completist collectors trying to find one of every model Sargent made, but I expect they will be in the USA. Sargent planes are not common over here and it would be an exercise in frustration to try to collect them from UK sources.

ghostrider":1vo27nwo said:
it the same as this one
http://www.tias.com/8600/PictPage/3923508870.html

but worse for wear

can send pics to any one if they could put the pics for others to see

i dont have any where to put pics and cant work out how to resize the pics

look like it will be going to new home if any ones intrested in it no good to me

all the best ghostrider
Click on the email me button and send the pics to me and i will pop them on photobucket for you. :)

Back