coronet major lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tec987

Reaction score
Hi, I have a coronet major from 1981 does any one know the size and thread of the nut that holds the headstock to the base, I have refurbished this lathe complete with new bench and I am stuck for this nut. record shop told me it would be 5/8" u.n.f. but sadly it did'nt fit. hope you can help and thanks

Derek Pyatt is probably still your man for Coronet information, but if you can't get hold of him, try and measure the overall diameter of the male thread and count the number of threads per inch. This will give a starting point - one of us on here with a Zeuss chart should be able to suggest the most likely size of nut from that information. And maybe even supply one.
Around 1980, Coronet were beginning to fall apart as an independent company, so it's quite possible that they were using any threaded rod that came to hand for this. But almost certain to be an Imperial (Whitworth/BSF/Unified) thread, not metric.

tec987":o1jcn6dg said:
Hi dickm, the mail thread measures 5/8 and has 14 threads, thanks for that
That certainly equates to a BSF thread.

BSF 5/8" 14 TPI

Earlier Coronets were 1/2inch whit and later ones had 5/8 BSF, which I think is your one.
Dickm is right about a phone call to Derek Pyatt.
Please post up a picture or two of the restoration.
,,,,,,,,,,joe,,,

Latest posts

Back