Coronet Minor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogfish

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to turning and this forum but have recently got hold of an old but working Coronet Lathe. I want to try turning something a little larger but the lathe is missing the outboard tool rest. Any idea's on where I can get one from would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Robbo. Phoned them this morning and they have one but want more for it than i'v seen complete lathes with the tool rest on go on ebay.

Dogfish":2dtitzjj said:
Thanks for the reply Robbo. Phoned them this morning and they have one but want more for it than i'v seen complete lathes with the tool rest on go on ebay.
Ebay is the way to go then,, and you will have some spare parts as well,,, or build your own remote rest,,

+1 for making your own outboard rest, at least until you can pick up a proper one off the 'bay or Gumtree. It's pretty basic metalwork, easier if you can weld and have a pillar drill, but certainly do-able with hacksaw, files, power drill and a couple of well chosen taps/dies.

Thanks Dick M and Robbo you have both made me realise I should be able to build my own so I'm giving it a go. Only thing I need to farm out is the welding.

I actually have a coronet minor outboard toolrest, but I am using it on a major, IF you get offered one for a major I'll happily swap you.

Back